If you know me you know I'm pretty sentimental. I love hearing stories from the past, finding out the meanings attached to special things and collecting trinkets from my travels. When I heard was launching Aura and I heard the story behind their designs, I fell in love with the brand.
The concept behind each individual design has been truly thought out with love and the coolest part is the way they have taken areas of London and turned them into beautiful works of art. These are not your ordinary statement necklaces, these represent areas of London, giving a whole new edge to any outfit. The areas of London are clearly seen in the designs, to be inspired by the environment you spend everyday in is inspiring to me and even if you haven't visited London you get the feel of how special it is just by looking at how stunning the necklaces by Aura is.
I put together a little collage to illustrate what I mean and to show you just how clear the influences are in the designs.
My favorite piece has to be the Camden necklace (top left), clearly influencend by the Punk roots of Camden, the chains and spikes are so delicately teamed with the stones makes this necklaces so easy for anyone to pull off.
The Richmond necklace (middle left) is my second favorite, I actually researched this area and was impressed by how much the deer represents this area. These necklaces as a said earlier are much more than just necklaces, they are icons of London's history.
I also love the Waterloo necklace (bottom) as it really does look like the London Eye. It comes in grey or white and I just love it to dress up any outfit.
Here are the rest of the Aura necklaces, I already have a wishlist as long as the Metropolitan line...
Aura currently ship to the UK but are going to start shipping internationally really soon! I just love that you can incorporate a little bit of London into any outfit!
*Images of necklaces provided by Aura
*Images of London taken from Google
Tuesday, 14 October 2014
Monday, 22 September 2014
Chloe wants more clothes... What a shocker! Today I thought I'd share with you all the things I'm
wanting needing from She Inside. She Inside is one of those websites I always find myself on but because its packed full of amazing items and its so reasonably priced I end up wanting everything!
If you've been reading Lost Arrows for a while now (big thank you if you do!) you'll notice that my style is always changing but there's so much chocie from She Inside that there's something for everyone!
2 Colour block swester. Although I'm loving monochrome I think its fun to add a pop of colour to a neutral outfit. I think the yellow looks amazing with the grey of this sweater!
3 Little black dress. I love the casualness (is that a word?) of this dress, I think it would be so easy to dress up too and it would work just as well in summer as it would with a cardi and tights in winter.
4 Earrings. I'm really into statement earrings lately and these ones are perfect and how cute would they look with the sweater?!
5 Necklace. Funnily enough in contrast to my love of statement earrings I really like simple necklaces like this one, I especially like the mix of metals on it!
6 Stripey dress. Because what's more effortlessly cool than a stripey top? A strpiey dress of course! I'd wear this with my leather jacket!
7 Black jumper. How cozy does this look? It makes me want to snuggle up with a hot chocolate and and fluffy socks, bring on winter!
8 Yellow bag. A girl can never have enough bags and this one would look great with my navy pea coat. As much as I like neutral outfits lately who says accessories can't be colorful? Also I think this would cheer up any dark wet wintery day!
Have you ever browsed on She Inside? Or ordered anything from them? Maybe you've got a wishlist as long as your arm like me? I'd love to hear from you! Let me know in the comments below!
Monday, 15 September 2014
I recently made friends with Lauren on Twitter and after we got talking we decided it would be fun to guest post for each other. I thought long and hard on what post I wanted to do for Lauren and as I'd just started to write a few blogging tips (which you can find here) I decided to put together some tips for her as she's both a blogger and a school student so here's today's Blogging 101 tips for you all to enjoy! I hope you can apply them to your blog if you aren't in education too!
If you read a bloggers bio these days, 9 times out of 10 they will be in some form of education! So how do you keep on top of blogging and exams and revision and homework? Well unfortunately there is no rule book to follow but I did come up with a few tips that you might find useful! Personally being a uni student, blogging is a creative outlet for me, a place to share my ideas and thoughts with like minded people. Sometimes school, college, university can be stressful. Most of the time it is! And I'm not alone when I think that blogging can be a great release from that. But the last thing you need is more added pressure on yourself from the blogging world!
1. Schedule posts, this is fairly simple on blogger! Scheduling posts can be a great way for you to get your ideas down when you have no other commitments and posting won't interfere with anything else!
2. As much as you love blogging, don't let it come first. Yes some people might be lucky to blog for a living, but not us. Chances are you're going to need your qualifications one day, so keep that in mind!
3. Bulk take photos, especially on a day the lighting is good. This is something I want to start doing myself although I'm far too lazy at the minute! Photos make up quite a bit of your blog so having a stash of photos you can pick and choose from will speed up the blogging process.
4. Have a life outside of blogging. Although I love blogging and I've met some great people through it, don't neglect people in real life. Go have fun, visit a friend just do something where for one day blogging isn't on your mind.
5. Share your experiences on your blog. If it fits within your theme, a lifestyle post about your revision techniques may sound really dull and boring but you never know how many people may benefit from it! You might even motivate someone to revise and they could do amazingly well on an exam.
6. You will be out of education one day and people do say that your school days are the best days of your life. I for one don't think that's particularly true, I would however say they can be some of your most simple, straightforward, less stressful days. Some people absolutely hate school, and one day you will look back at all the petty arguments you had with your friends and realize how insignificant it all was. It might seem so important at the time but as you experience more and more you'll see the world is a massive place and there's much more to it than what she said about you behind your back.
7. Never give up on your dreams. Never ever. Even if they change. Set goals and work hard to achieve them, in your blog, education, social life. Stop making excuses only you have the power to do something for you.
8. Its okay to take a break. Got a big exam next month? No problem, your readers will probably understand, if you're that worried reach out to other bloggers and arrange a guest post or collaboration over Twitter. There's lots of bloggers willing to help each other out!
9. Be positive. Don't feel bad for neglecting your blog. I do this from time to time sometimes I'm busy or sometimes I'm just lacking motivation. And if I haven't posted in three weeks, guess what? My blog is still there! You might get a couple of unfollowers but think of all the followers you will gain down the line!
10. Have fun. Your blog is for you alone, do what you like with it! Don't feel the need to compare it to others! So what if someone manages to post every single day, good for them! But for most of us that might not be realistic but that's okay. Take your time and don't rush a post for the sake of posting one. Be proud of your blog and all its achievements.
And lastly good luck! Good luck with whatever you decide to do, if blogging becomes part of your career or you become a vet or a nurse or a teacher just remember to be happy. Wherever you go in life make sure it leads to the road of happiness.
Saturday, 13 September 2014
I've been a busy bee this week, with working and playing house with Ellis, watching Netflix and spending money on Asos. It's a hard life isn't it?
I thought I'd show you what I got with the 25% student discount and the amazing sale they had on!
I thought I'd show you what I got with the 25% student discount and the amazing sale they had on!
I'm actually quite proud I managed to buy so much without any colour. In an earlier post I said how I wanted to change my style so the monochrome trend seemed like the best way to start!
* following images taken from asos.com
I've worn this dress twice so far and I love it. I got it in the sale and I actually ended up ordering it in three sizes until keeping the smallest size. Its really oversized which is great cos its soo comfy!
I adore Cheap Monday and I got this sweat shirt in the sale as well. I just couldn't resit it and with the days getting shorter it won't be long till I'm living in it soon!
This is by far my favorite purchase. After seeing it online I fell in love with this blanket scarf and the name doesn't dissapoint, its literally a blanket, its so cozy and I'm actually looking forwardto cold days so I can snuggle into this!
And finally after seeing grid print everywhere on the high street I decided to get one for myself. This one has balloon sleeves and I've never worn the style before but I can't wait to wear it with bright red lipstick and skinny jeans!
Have you taken advantage of any sales or discount codes lately? I'd love to hear what you think of my recent buys!