Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Blogging 101

A different kind of post today, lately I've been reading a lot of blogging tips and I've been getting quite a few questions on Twitter. By no means am I a blogging expert or have any clue on what I'm talking about but I've been blogging for over a year now and I thought I'd share with you what I've learned!



1. Blog for yourself. Blog what you like. Don't worry about numbers.

2. Blog when you want to blog. Can't blog everyday? That's cool there's no blogging rule book.

3. Twitter chats are great. Join in if you want to, everyone is really friendly and supportive!

4. Bloglovin' is a good way for people to find and read your blog.

5. Gaining followers take time, hard work and patience, but you don't get anything back without giving something first so follow other blogs. But don't just follow for the sake of it; there's loads of brilliant blogs out there!

6. Don't feel pressured by anyone at any time. Keep your individuality, its the most valuable thing.

7. Don't worry if you're not at Zoella's status over night. Success, any success takes time and lots of hard work.

8. Do keep trying and don't give up! Giving up is the easy part, if its something you love doing you should keep at it, whatever it is.

9. Support other bloggers and make friends! Blogging is a great way to find other people with similar interests!

10. Instagram and Pintrest are great ways to find inspiration, but remember to quote the source!

Like I said I'm no expert but if there's anything you want to know just comment below!



post signature

12 comments:

  1. Spot on with them Blogging 101 tips. I'm a newbie blogger, just 3 weeks old and all this is really helping me put a lot of things into percepective... ����
    I would really appreciate some feedback on the posts I have made... Not that many. Thanks in advance����
    allthingsmusicke.blogspot.com or twitter: @AllthingsmusicK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found this helpful!!

      Delete
  2. This is pretty spot on!! LOVE bloglovin! :)

    Interested in making new blog friends and getting a kickass journal? Check out my latest post! :)
    http://neatly-packaged.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this, super helpful and inspiring!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tips! The last one is super important, anything you find, even if it's not on instagram or pinterest should always be credited to the original owner! and not just photos, but "ideas" too! if someone thought of it first, i think it's just nice to give them a little mention in your post :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really helped me out! New to blogging and complete unsure of what I'm doing :) thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so glad! I hope you're loving blogging!

      Delete
  6. You're so right!I met so many great people since I've started my blog,but sometimes I get frustrated too.But then I remember I'm doing it for me and the it make me happy.
    Good luck with your blog!

    http://forthesakeofmakeup.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your blog also!!

      Delete

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to read this little blog and it means so much that you were kind enough to comment! Please feel free to leave a link for your blog so I can return the favour! Much love :)