Thursday, 28 August 2014

Meet the Blogger








Today on Meet the Blogger we have the pleasure of getting to know Alexis from Chicademics! 





1. What are your favorite posts to write?
 How-tos. They are easy for me to write, as I am offering tips out of my arsenal of advice. I'm getting into DIYs as well, but they definitely need fine tuning.

2. What inspires you to write your blog posts?
 Everyday experience. I am constantly evaluating my days and thinking, Can I write about this? Can what I have to say on this subject impact someone positively? If the answers are yes, I start writing.

3. How did you get into blogging?
 I discovered this awesome little site called Tumblr. I became obsessed with all of the blogs, as it was my first real exposure to them. I fell in love with the idea of having a space on the Internet that was all mine in a way different from social media profile. I could express my thoughts in more than 140 characters, and feed my addiction to fashion and style. After I got the hang of posting to Tumblr, I set up a Twitter account, where I was exposed to every kind of blogger out there. They are all my role models.

4. What sort of blogs do you enjoy reading?
While I love OOTDs and fashion blogs, my true guilty pleasure is are lifestyle and wellness blogs. Any post having to do with food, grocery shopping, or domestic life in general I love. I guess it's because I'm getting my own apartment soon. I gravitate toward blogs and posts that I can apply to my life. 

5. What do you do to keep on track with your blog? Do you ever suffer from a lack of posting?
 I started blogging in the summer, which meant I was free to write and post when I felt like it. School is starting back soon, so my plan is to use Google calendar religiously, planning out my posts. As for designated writing times, that probably won't happen. When I get the inspiration to write, I have to do it or it will leave my mind. I'll have to invest in a notebook. 

6. What's the biggest challenge bloggers face?
 Blog promotion. It can, at times, take up more time and effort than posting itself. However, it's a necessary part of having a blog if you want anyone to read it. If you don't let people know you're out there, your blog can get lost in the forest of the Internet. 

7. What's the biggest change you've found since beginning blogging?
 I have definitely changed the way that I write. I am more conscious of how my voice is translating. I want my posts to read like a letter from myself, with a personal not preachy voice. 

8. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
 I just want to be able to offer a different perspective for those seeking it out. Everyone has different ways of doing things and of dressing and styling. If my way is better, please adopt it. That's what I post for. 

9. What other passions do you have?
 I love helping people in any way that I can. It was an unofficial job of mine freshman year. Also, music. It's my personal motivator, and I usually need it for whatever task I'm doing. My goal is to attend at least one music festival before I graduate. 

10. How have the people in your life responded to your blog?
 The three friends that I have told were very supportive, and even helped me come up with the name. I haven't told any other people in my life. I was pretty convinced blogging would be a phase.

11. When you're not blogging what are you doing?
 I'm doing school work, hanging out with friends, online shopping, thrifting, or I'm just out and about, discovering something new that I can possibly write about later. Breaks from blogging and promoting are a must for me. Burnout after only three months would be a tragedy.

12. Since Lost Arrows is a personal style and adventure blog, what is your personal style and your favorite place to visit? (Oops two questions!)
 My personal style is unpredictable. I love to dress up, but I'm also lazy. I usually procrastinate to the point where I'll throw on anything just to get out the door. School's coming up, so my style will be mainly normcore aka sloppy chic. 



13. Any future goals for your blog or yourself?
 My blog is good. My site is launched and that was my main goal. Personally, I have a little list for back to school. I want to set a designated study time, go to the gym daily, get a job, get a good sleep schedule, only watch TV during primetime, coupon, those kind of life improving things. I have high hopes for this year I'll stick to my back to school resolutions.

14. Will you still be blogging in the future?
 For right now, the answer is yes. I am, however, a college style blog, so I will have to figure out what I am and if I still want to blog once graduation rolls around. Until then, Chicademics is here to stay!

15. Anything to say to people wanting to get into blogging?


 Do your research. Know what kind of blog you want, whether or not you want a following, and how bad you want to work to expose yourself to that following. Oh, and don't forget to have fun. That's what blogging's all about.




You can find Alexis' fabulous blog here!






post signature

5 comments:

  1. Oh AWESOME defo checking out as how to's and DIYS are my weak point and definitely something I want to be reading xxx


    Blonde of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found a new blog to follow :)

      Delete
  2. Fab post!! :)

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!, you have a new follower, i’m following you via bloglovin… Hope you can do the same :)
    New Post… Visit Curly Glow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool!! Thank you for introducing Alexis :)

    Interested in making new blogger friends and getting a kickass journal? Check out my latest post! :) http://neatly-packaged.com/

    ReplyDelete

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to read this little blog and it means so much that you were kind enough to comment! Please feel free to leave a link for your blog so I can return the favour! Much love :)